Thursday, March 26, 2009

Weapon Masters on the Horizon

I am going through withdrawals this week not being able to get a game in. However I have been working on getting my new models put together.

For those of you that have viewed previous posts you will know that I typically run a list something like the following

pDeneghra
Deathripper x2
Nightwretch
Cankerworm
Slayer
Bile Thralls
Mechanithralls
Soulhunters
Darragh Wrathe
Bloat Thrall
Gorman di Wulfe
skarlock
pistol wraith x2

Well with the new models I am looking at trying something quite different.

Goreshade the Bastard w/Deathwalker
Deathjack
Cankerworm
Defiler
Bane Lord Tartarus
Bane Knights
Bile Thralls
Bloat Thrall
Skarlock
Pistol Wraiths
Darragh Wrathe
Gorman di Wulfe

Bane Thralls for Gorsheshade's feat

Everything in red is something I have never played before.

The combination of Goreshade, Tartarus and Bane Knights looks like too much fun to pass on, and of course the Deathjack is total badass on a plastic base.

Goreshade's play style is completely different than Deneghra so I have a feeling I am going to get pummelled a few times before I learn to play him effectively. He has abilities designed around him being able to kill an opponent with his Melee weapon, and when I played Deneghra that was normally a last ditch effort for survival.

I will be ready for next Wednesday. The banes will be ready by next Wednesday, the Deathjack might be ready by next Wednesday. I'm still trying to finish the master bathroom, so unfortunately I can't just hide in a hole and put models together no matter how much that appeals to me at times.

No comments: