Monday, March 30, 2009

Misunderstanding or just someone getting pissy

I recently put up a post about bartertown and received a rather heated comment about the need to support the local gaming store.  

I don't think that anyone will argue with liking to save money.  I purchased a Legion army from bartertown for my girlfriend to try out, and a couple of buddies have purchased armies from bartertown.  

That being said I am one of the biggest supporters of the the FLGS.  Every one of my over 1100 points of cryx, along with paint, and army transport have been purchased from Paul.  He is always available for ideas and is great at giving us the space to play.  We have already purchased the primal book and additional models for Legion from his store.

My reasoning for sharing the bartertown sight is for those that might want to try the hobby but may not have the money to spend on a new army.  

So if there was some misunderstanding my apologies, but no need to get all upset like the world is coming to an end.  Cheer up, drink a beer, and go buy some new models.  That always makes me feel better.


7 comments:

TheGreatBlah said...

I'm with you man, I have purchased the bulk of my stuff from my local FLGS. But when it came time to get a full unit of Kriel Warriors, their UA, and the Caber I had to go online as it was a good deal cheaper to get them all at once online.

Anonymous said...

Agreed...Paul has plenty of my cash...and will continue to get it. When I jump start a new faction...it will start with Bartertown...sorry.

Jyggdrasil said...

Here is the thing. My FLGS wants AUD$75 for Meta, the online shop wanted $50. The $25 I saved pays for my annual membership at a local gaming club. The online shop in question provides prize support to tournaments at that club,as well as providing support to convention-base tournaments throughout Australia. The same online shop also provides a set of online forums used to organise tournaments, friendlies and just generally chat.

Why would I give that extra $25 to the FLGS? why?

Dave said...

I think you misunderstood my post - there wasn't any sort of 'heated' motivation behind it, just like I didn't assume your post meant Batertown was the only play to obtain models. It was just a comment based on my own experiences with local stores, and just wanted to point out the need to support the local game community to any reader who did use Bartertown exclusively.

Shaun said...

Dave, it's cool, I think the exclamation marks may have thrown me off. I just know that there are a lot of folks around here that would love to play but might not have the money to get a decent army at the FLGS. Everyone that has bought from Bartertown here has spent far more money at the FLGS. Sorry for any confusion.

Mike said...

I buy most of my stuff from the two FLGS I frequent but occasional I'll see a deal elsewhere that I know my FLGSs cannot offer. I usually end up buying something from main FLGS I frequent with the spare money.

cygnarbrian said...

Only time I ever use someone that isn't my LGS is when they don't have the figs I want. I tried for months to get a Long Gunner UA stocked and it never came it so I went with other means. Now as fate would have it there are 3 blisters in the shop gathering dust that I would of happily bought.