Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Warmachine MKII

I will admit that I have not committed the time to reading through all of the new rules, but I have discovered a fair number of items that I'm not a fan of as well as I few I have appreciated.

I do have to thank Geoff over at McCryxian Domination for taking the time to read through the rules and already get some games under his belt. We play the same faction so when he feels some pain for the loss we have taken I automatically sympathize.

I understand the need to have balance to the game. The problem I have is that some of my favorite models are no longer the same character. I look specifically to the cankerworm for this. What happened to meat grinder? I loved having the ability to roll and extra attack die, kill some units and then scuttle away.

I am also so glad that I have not made an investment in bloodgorgers. I think that money will be spent better on other pursuits. They have lost the bloodmarks which is what made them so appealing. The more you rush them into battle and destroy living models the better they get.

I am very frustrated with what has happened to cryx. I know that there are other factions that seemed to have gotten a better deal, but screw them. There is a reason I picked Cryx.

No comments: