Friday, April 17, 2009

And it Begins


I am not beyond using vague titles to lure people in.  So you might ask what exactly is beginning. I'm glad you asked.

Whelp Ale ingredients are scheduled to arrive today and the brewing process will start tomorrow.  I am going for a very Western U.S. type of pale ale with hops, hops, and more hops.  There are 4 hop additions during the boil and once I transfer to secondary fermentation dry hopping will occur.

This will not be a beer for the timid.  If all you drink is coors or bud this is probably not your beer, in fact it could make you cry.  If, on the other hand, you like your beer to reach out and give you a little slap before you take that first taste this is the beer for you.

I am still looking for ideas for artwork.  I'm good at making the beer, but not so good at making the artwork for the bottles.  It will be at least 2-3 weeks before it is bottled and then an additional 2 weeks before it is carbonated enough to drink.  

A six pack is headed to Dallas for suggesting the winning name.  John will get to try a few because we always tend to have homebrew when we get together and play on Saturdays.  


5 comments:

K-Lark said...

You should email me about working out a "deal" :)

Shaun said...

What kind of deal do you have in mind?

cygnarbrian said...

I say Cygnar buffs for every bottle you send!

Shaun said...

From the sounds of it I'm not sure you need to many more buffs.

Ziegenbart (formerly Captin shoot em) said...

I would like to be allowed to partake as well. I don't mind a beer that slaps first.