Monday, April 27, 2009

Models, Models, everywhere Models

I have recently been inundated with Cryx models.

Now comes the hard part. What do I keep multiples of and how many do I keep. Below is a list of some of the duplicates:

Casters

Warwitch Deneghra x2 - This is a no-brainer can't have two and I like my paint job.

Iron Lich Asphyxious x2 - Again same comment as above

Pirate Queen Skarre x2 - Well neither are painted but can only keep one.

Goreshade the Bastard x2 - I have one painted and one primed. I think I am going to try for a
different paint scheme, but again really only need one.

Jacks

Slayer x2 - Not sure if I want to keep two of these for the MKII rules. They are cheap so it is tempting.

Harrower x2 - Again same comment as above.

Deathjack x2 - Well I can only field one, so one has to go.

Deathrippers x5 or 6 - I really don't know that I need this many, especially with the cost of of them in MK II

Defiler x2 - Again not sure I need too, hell not sure I need one with the new rules for the cankerworm

Nightwretch x5 or 6 - This is a lot of these little guys, but that is a lot of AOE's being dropped.

Units

Bile Thralls x30 - I want to keep at least two full units of bile thralls, but I have to decide if three full units is overkill

Bane Knights x28 - I want to keep at least two units, so that leaves a mid-size unit that I might part with.

Bane Thralls x18 - Not sure if I should keep all of these. That is almost two full units, and they are fun to play with. This would allow me to field a unit and keep the min. unit in reserve for Goreshade's feat.

Mechanithralls x16 - These are fun little guys. I just don't know if I need more than a single unit.

Soulhunters x8 - I can only field one unit at a time, and with the new rules I'm not sure how much I will use them. I do want to keep one unit, so most likely looking at getting rid of a min. unit.

Solos

Pistol Wraith x4 - I love these guys, they have won me a lot of games. I don't see the need to have more than two. I might be wrong but it seems like overkill.

Bloat Thrall x5 or 6 - I like the models and they are fun to play with. I just think that 2 or 3 is sufficient. Most likely be getting rid of some easter egg color schemed bloats.

Bane Lord Tartarus x2 - Can only have one.

Skarlock x3 - Definately some overkill here.

So those are all the models that I have multiples of. I would love feedback on how many of some of the models and units you think would be a good number to keep.

9 comments:

McCryx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McCryx said...

The entire Mechanithralls batch is a must, especially with the new rules for the necrosurgeon.

The Harrower while not as good as it used to be with mortenebra is still solid and you'll like having two of them

You'll never ever run three units of biles but two will be nice to have handy for any bigger games.

I don't know that I'd run more than 2 bloat thralls ever, unless PP gives back terror on their weapon.

Also, having 2 skarlocks will be great when you play any 2 caster games. So keeping 2 of 3 is a good idea.

All that being said :)

Here's what I want :
-Bastard w/Deathwalker
-Min unit banes
-Bloat
-Nightwretch x 2
-Bane Knights x 2
-Soul hunters (min unit)

Shaun said...

I know for sure that I am willing to part with Bastard w/Deathwalker, the bloat, and soulhunters. I am still thinking about the others. Did you want just two bane knights?

McCryx said...

Yeah, I have a full set but it'd be nice to have a few spare BK's for a well placed "Excarnate" or if Tartarus kills a few living models.

Shaun said...

I'm pretty sure I could spare two bane knights. I think I'm going to keep the units of Bane Thralls, so I am still considering the nightwretches. I want to try to run a 500 point list with Deneghra and all bonejacks.

Anonymous said...

Have you considered melting them all down, repenting of your sins, and starting a Menoth army? ;)

Shaun said...

Nope, never even occurred to me, in fact I ended up with an assembled harbinger of menoth that I am considering piecing out to help mod some of my other models.

McCryx said...

Turn the Harby into a Bile thrall. HA!

Shaun said...

That isn't a bad idea. I want to take one of the guys that is holding her down and paint him up in menoth colors and place him under the hoofs of Darragh's mount.