Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Lists


For those of you that have followed my blog for any length of time you probably noticed that my armies were usually pretty similar. I typically used one of three casters and then my core units and jacks remained the same.

I have recently come upon a lot of models and I now have access to all of the cryx casters with the exception of Mortenenbra and Goreshade the cursed.

I now have epic casters as well as Terminus and the Witch Coven. The question is who to bring to the table. I really want to play with Terminus even though I have been told I will lose. The model just looks bad ass and he looks like he could fly in and lay a beat down on a lot of stuff. The Coven allows for a huge control range and paired with more focus efficient jacks allows for a lot of focus to throw around on spells.

I have satyxis and the sea witch in case I can find someone to play MK II rules with, and if I take them I think I will have to bring out epic Skarre.

I also now have the revenant crew. I am not really familiar with what they are capable of in MKI or MKII, but I might have to put them in an army just for the hell of it.

Then there is the always fun Deneghra and bonejack army. I have been toying with running Deneghra at 500 points with 4 Deathrippers, 4 Nightwretches, and 2 Defilers. I would probably get my ass kicked, but it would be fun to have all that speed.

I have a few other jacks that I have never seen anyone play, especially in MKI rules, but if I get a MKII game in I might bring them to the table. I have a stalker, a couple of harrowers, a leviathan, and a reaper. Most of these aren't assembled so for jacks it will most likely be the cankerworm and Deathjack.

The choices are starting to make my head hurt. I now have to deal with list optimization where before all I had to deal with was learning to play the stuff I had. I now have the ability to switch out solos or units if they end up not working in conjunction with the rest of the list.

I guess I should first try to get a game for tomorrow before I get ahead of myself.

6 comments:

cygnarbrian said...

Those are obviously wax models or something, real women don't have bodies like that.

Shaun said...

lol, either way they are hot.

Anonymous said...

There was a bunch of pics of them posted a while back on the main forums; they also made it into one of the NQ's :)

TheGreatBlah said...

Yeah our local lgs needs more gamers like that... no offense to you blokes but they are waaayyy easier on the eyes.

cygnarbrian said...

Ya, I'd much rather play with them.

er.. a game... of uh... hide the.. er.. Warmachine.

Shaun said...

I might have to take the pictures down. I think some of you are getting a little too worked up and I don't even what to picture what you might be doing in a dark room in front of your computer.