Thursday, February 5, 2009

Updated Report

My first game was against Dallas at 750 pts. He was playing Trollbloods and I was fielding my Deneghra 750 pt list. The terrain positioning really did not benefit me. The cankerworm and an arc node were quickly destroyed by his champions and his caster threw a bomb and killed my lead soulhunter. This was round 2 or 3 I believe. I knew I was going to be in trouble so I decided to go for a caster kill which up to that point has not been too successful against Hordes players. I ran an arc node up next to his caster and then activated Deneghra. I moved up up so that I caught almost all of his army in her control range and popped her feat. All of their stats were -2. I then cast crippling grasp on his caster and that dropped his stats another 2, and then I followed it with casting parasite on his caster which dropped his armor by 3. In the end I had lowered his defense by 4 and his armor by 7. I then activated Darragh Wrathe and used Death Ride to move the soulhunters up and inch prior to activating them. This allowed both of my remaining soulhunters to be within charge range of his caster. The first soulhunter was able to hit with the mount, the scythe, and the sickle. The second was only able to hit with the reach weapon. He did shove some of the damage off to his beasts, but in the end I was able to kill him. I also had a pistol wraith in reserve just in case the soulhunters couldn't pull out the win. I was extremely happy to have my first win against Hordes and against a faction other than Protectorate of Menoth.

The second game was a 500 point game against John who brought Kreoss and a bunch of Knights exemplar to the party. I fielded the Skarre list that I had in my post yesterday. John popped his feat and knocked everyone down except my pistol wraiths. I thought I was screwed, but he couldn't quite reach me with the Seneshal when he charged. I stood up and walked a bile thrall to within an inch of Skarre and then I popped her feat. I sacrificed the bile thrall to drop a POW 18 Skarre bomb on Kreoss. I however failed to kill him. I was sure I was dead. John attacked Skarre with the Seneshal but because of the feat I had a 20 armor and the initial attack missed and the second did not do enough damage. John then used Ayanna and Holt to kill my pistol wraith. I think that at this point if John and chosen to kill my last bile thrall instead that I would have lost. One my next turn I moved my last bile thrall up to Skarre and sacrificed it to drop a POW 13 Skarre bomb on Kreoss. This was enough to finish the job. I normally don't play my casters that far up but with her shorter control range I had to. It was an interesting game and came so close to going the other way.

All in all it was a fun night and a couple of great games.

4 comments:

Ray Guimond said...

Sounds like the troll player was playing Borka Kegslayer, correct?

I'm curious how the Skarre list would have stood out against the Troll list with the damage transfers and all.

Anonymous said...

It was a great game...but damn...I get too emotionally attached to killing things that have hurt me in the past. You are awesome at assassination...and I am not. Good job.

Shaun said...

I think he was using Borka Kegslayer. It had a little thing packing a keg around that if you killed was a party foul. I am not sure how Skarre would have done against the Trolls. I have only played Skarre the one time at 500 pts. The fact that I was able to drop the armor by 7 with Deneghra and that I was able to charge with two soulhunters is hard to beat. Skarre can only Skarre Bomb once a turn so you would need something in addition to just the bomb.

Ray Guimond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.