Monday, February 16, 2009

Painting Units Sucks!


As you may have noticed there have not been too many pictures of painted models on my blogs lately.


The reason for this is that I am buried in painting units. I am trying to make sure that the various shades and tints are a nice match across the entire unit and this can become very monotonous. I am currently working on a unit of Mechanithralls and I hope to have it finished or at least to a respectable stage within the next couple of weeks. I think that after that I may start on the Cankerworm for a break from units. I love playing the units provided in Cryx and I like the look of a painted unit when I'm done, but I really do not enjoy the process of painting them. I prefer the individuality afforded with painting jacks and casters, it seems lost after you paint the 3rd member of a unit almost identically to the first two.


Anyways the whole point of this post was to let you all know that I will eventually get more pictures of painted models up, and I hope to be adding some new models over the next few weeks. I am planning on picking up a bloat thrall on Wednesday to add some ranged ability to my army. I also like the fact that if you charge him in you are just daring your opponent to kill him and risk the consequences.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean, dude. I've been working on my Zealots sporadically for over a week now. I'll likely have them finished in the next day or so, but it's been painful.

Thankfully, I saved the priest and monolith bearer for the end so I can treat them like characters/solo's.

Bloomfield Cricket Club said...

Ah the joy of painting 5-10 guys all the same :) Worse with Warhammer and units of 20-30.

Mind you who says who have to paint them all the same? Use the same color template say 3 basic colors per unit but mix up where each color goes

Shaun said...

I have actually been doing something like that. I mean they are a close match, but not exactly the same. For example the bile from some of my bile thralls have slightly different tints than others.

Bloomfield Cricket Club said...

Cool look forward to seeing some pics up when your done :)