Friday, February 13, 2009

Fajitas, Margaritas, and Musically Inclined Homeless People


I just got back from San Antonio.  It was a pretty good trip.  I learned a lot and met some interesting people.  A few of us went to dinner on the river walk and ate at Cafe Rio.  We had fajitas and a few margaritas.  That part of the title I imagine everyone understood.  We then were serenaded by a homeless man who had some pipes on him.  He belted out some Tom Petty and Kenny Rogers.  We were all feeling pretty good so we decided to sing along.  I would like to think that the other people within hearing distance appreciated the shower.

I finally have my army in an Army transport or my mishap last week.  I was on my way home and someone pulled out in front of me, I hit the breaks and the toolbox even with the eggshell foam was not enough to prevent some serious damage to my soul hunters.

I am looking forward to playing next week.  It sounds like there may be a multi-week tournament being put together.  The level of experience among those playing is quite diverse so it should be interesting to see where I land.

Congrats to John, I just heard he beat the trolls this afternoon.  I think I beat him to posting about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did beat me! The tournament is NOT going to start this Wed, but a week from Wed.

Shaun said...

Sounds good. So are we paying for each round or something like that to have prizes or what's going on? I will get with you on Monday and try to set up a game with someone for Wednesday so I don't drive all the way over there and end up watching.