Thursday, February 19, 2009

Haley.....A Masochist's Dream!


Well I had my first experience playing against Haley. I have to say that if you enjoy a slow drawn out death this is the one to play against. I had temporal barrier cast against me every single turn. I did not bring anything with reliable ranged attacks so as I would move in and try to attack I was getting picked off by long gunners, gun mages, the black 13th, and most of all the thunderhead's lightning coil.

I am going to have to do some research on how to effectively play against Haley because since I have been playing this is by far the most one sided game I have played. I was able to do a fair amount of damage to Thorn and the Thunderhead with my Soulhunter, Darragh Wrathe, and my Slayer, but I did not remove a single model from play until it was down to just Deneghra and the slayer. I moved Deneghra up popped her feat and tried to catch Haley in a scourge template, which I didn't. I did kill off some long gunners, and then I used venom to take out the gun mage, eEiryss, and half of the black 13th. I then abruptly died at the hands of Thorn.

I picked up a Bloat Thrall which gives me that 12 inch pow 14 5" AOE, but the rat is a 4 and he is pretty slow so I'm not likely to get reliable hits with this. I can run him up and dare my opponent to kill him. I'm just thinking out loud at this point.

We are starting a month long tournament soon and we find out our first pairing next week. We are allowed to have 2 lists and we have to choose a list and then we will randomly select one of the scenarios from prime. The only one we are leaving out is mangled metal. I am limited to basically taking the same army with possibly just a different caster. I am going to have to think this through, I would like to at least be competitive in the tournament.

No comments: