Friday, December 12, 2008

Bitter Defeat

I had two battles last night and unfortunately lost both.

I don't mind losing it is all part of the learning process, but it is frustrating when the dice just seem cursed. I do have to hand it to John that he did a great job of blocking my line of sight to Kreoss making it extremely difficult for me to get off any spells or shots. I did have him lined up and then just couldn't get the dice rolls I needed, which was unfortunate because I did not have to roll that high.

The 2nd game was against a more seasoned player fielding Khador. He pretty much immediately took out most of my units. He did however leave his caster open to a pistol wraith that I had on the edge of the board. I was able to sneak an arc node so I could get line of sight, I then moved up Deneghra popped her feat and then followed it up with parasite to lower the armor. I attacked with venom which did very little damage, and then went in for the kill with the pistol wraith. Unfortunately the cursed dice returned. I needed to roll a 4 on two dice to kill the caster and I rolled a two. This led to my demise soon after when it giant jack stomped over and pummeled me. I did get a lot of tactical help from more experienced players during this game or I am sure I would have have made it that close, but overall the night was a great learning experience.

I hope to have the cankerworm and asphyxious put together for next week.

Oh, one other note. Kube, a guy we work with, showed up and borrowed some Hordes models and played against another newbie. Kube scored his first victory and will hopefully become hooked so I have another Tremonton player for those days I don't feel like driving over the mountain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Condolences on the cruddy dice; as pleased as I am that John finally got a win, it sucks that your dice crapped out on you that badly.


Don't forget to post pics of the 'worm!