Sunday, November 23, 2008

First Win

John and I played at Phoenix Games on Thursday and had another marathon game. It does seem that we are both picking the rules up and that game play is progressing better. John changed up his army a little by pulling out some of the jacks in exchange for units and changed his warcaster to Kreoss. John's Fire of Salvation did not have as big an impact in this game partly due to the initial mistake of moving the jack outside of Kreoss' control range. This game we both of us used our feats. John popped his first and was able to knock down most of my models. This allowed him to eliminate my slayer from play soon after. I thought that I had made a large mistake by running one of my arc nodes around a mountain and out of Deneghra's control area. This actually allowed me to get position on Kreoss. I rushed Deneghra into the units and popped her feat which lowers all of the stats by two of all enemy models in her control range. The feat was followed by channelling scourge through the arc node and knocking Kreoss down. The Knights Exemplar surrounded Deneghra but she was able to survive and at the end of the round the Skarlock cast crippling grasp which lowered Kreoss' def and arm and then Deneghra channeled scourge which was able to cause enough damage to destroy Kreoss. I will let John pick his MVP, but I definitely think that Deneghra was the cryx mvp. She was able to charge into the knights exemplar and survive long enough to channel spells at Kreoss and finish the job.

No comments: