Saturday, November 29, 2008

First 500 Point Game

I had my first 500 point battle the day after Thanksgiving. John and I met at Phoenix Comics and Games in Logan to pit his Protectorate of Menoth force against my army of undead Cryx. John used a new warcaster and Feora did a good job of keeping my units back using a wall of fire. I used Bile Thralls to cut into the knights exemplar force and once free the mechanithralls quickly disabled one of his light warjacks. The fire of salvation was able to inflict enough damage to my slayer that with the sustained fire my slayer became disabled shortly after I was able to get my machine wraith into the fire of salvation.

The battle was pretty even until I was able to get an arc node into position along with two pistol wraiths. I popped Deneghra's feat and was able to catch John's warcaster and lower her stats. I followed this up with the scourge spell which connected and caused some damage, but the big bonus was that it knocked her down giving her a base defense of 5 for the pistol wraiths to work with. The pistol wraiths hit with all attacks which did not do a lot of damage, but by hitting with all attacks I was able to combine their chain attack which caused his warcaster to forfeit attack or movement, and since she was knocked down she ended up having to forfeit both.

John was able to block and tie up a couple of my arc nodes, but I was able to sneak one in and continued to use scourge and the pistol wraiths. John popped feora's feat and this put a huge dent into my forces. I lost the skarlock, one of the pistol wraiths, most of my bile thralls and mechanithralls. I cast scourge but missed even with a boosted roll. I was worried that if I didn't finish John off I was running low at models to throw into the fray. Luckily my last pistol wraith was positioned behind Feora and with the back attack was able to connect and finish off the warcaster.

Another great game, I think we ended up at right around 2 hours which for us is not bad at a 500 point army.

I have been working on painting more models and should have more pictures soon.

No comments: